I know... I'm always behind. But better late than never, right?
Here is Hope on her first day of preschool!
She wasn't too thrilled about going and still throws a bit of a fit
on her first day of the new week
but when ever I pick her up she is smiling and having a great time!
I love how she comes home singing new songs and talking about new things each day.
The school she goes to is really a great one. Its the same one Haven went to and the teachers there are so loving and great with the children.
Some people have asked me why I have Hope go to this preschool rather than the same school Haven goes to. One of the reasons is because Haven had such a great experience there but also because it is closer to home and to have to pick her up in the middle of the day and then having to pick Haven up later... it would just be too much driving.
Someone also asked me about the theology difference and
if that was an issue (Adventist vs Whatever we are, lol).
I talked extensively with the director before placing Haven there years ago and in preschool all the theology is the same. Basic Bible stories and sweet Sunday school songs.
Haven loves first grade!!
She has a teacher who is teaching for the very first year
and she seems very sweet and full of energy!
The first few weeks Haven was pretty board and kept asking why
she was learning all the things she learned in Kindergarten again.
But just yesterday she complained that now that the teacher knows
what she can do the work is too hard! LOL
My sweet Haven can read at about a 3rd grade level and boy does she LOVE to read!
She reads a chapter book in 2 days.
She will read for hours in her bed at night if I let her.
So, our daily battle is mornings.
Getting dressed, feed, hair brushed and in the car is just the hardest thing ever.
None of us are morning people.
Shane is the only morning person of the family
and he is long gone before we wake up (stupid commute!).
That leaves the four of us sleepy, grumpy gals.
Hope whines and cries from the moment her eyes open.
Haven moves as slow as molasses.
I have to ask her to do simple things like get her shoes on about 4 or 5 times before it happens.
Baby just wants to cuddle and play and isn't interested in eating.
And Mama, well, I do all I can to have a smile on my face but would much rather be in bed.
Last year almost every morning ended in one of us in tears... me included.
This year so far has been a bit better but still no walk in the park.
Sigh...
Hoping it gets better as each month goes by.



I hope so, too!
ReplyDelete