Sunday, September 30, 2012

Must Remember

In the later morning yesterday I was sitting in the garage/laundry room and spraying all the stains with Shout.  I was in awe of how incredibly dirty my big girls can actually get their clothes!  Hope came in and saw some roller skates that were given to us and wanted to put them on.  I wanted to finish what I was doing. 
 
She was trying so hard to get them on her feet and asked me to help her.  I told her, "not right now".  I just wanted to finish treating all the stains so I could start the load.  I also knew that once she had the skates on she would need me to help her around as she doesn't know how to use them. 
 
She continued to struggle and asked again for my help.  "Not now, honey", I said. 
Then in the sweetest little voice she asked,
 "Haven't you ever had a dream?!"
(Came from the movie Tangled.)
 
So of course I had to stop what I was doing and help her.
How could I not.
 
Later that afternoon Shane was asking Haven to pick up some of her things around the house. 
She, as usual, was complaining about having to help out around the house.
Shane started talking to her about responsibility and how she needed to care for her things and not leave a mess.  He said some thing like, "What would happen if I went to work and made a big mess in my work space and didn't clean it up?  Do you think my boss would like it?"
Haven said, "no."
Shane continued, "And if I continue to upset my boss what do you think might happen?"
"You could lose your job", Haven said, "but I'm not going to work, my husband is!!!!"
 
Both Shane and I couldn't help but laugh out loud.
I guess she forgot that I worked up until a couple of years ago.
 
Oh, the things children say.
I must remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment