Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Puddles and Poo

Puddles and poo sums up my last week. 

I decided that my darling 3 year old was ready to be out of diapers.  She hadn't decided it though.   I knew that she was ready.  I just needed her to know it. 

I have had her bottomless (wearing dresses without anything under it).  She was doing really good with #1 but #2 was ending up every where.  It was getting so bad that I was wondering if maybe I was wrong and she really wasn't ready.  She would just Poo anywhere... my kitchen floor, the sidewalk... as she walked, the play area back yard, oh my... it has been bad. 

I had been rewarding her with candy and Dora shows.  But decided that perhaps the reward wasn't enough motivation.   Haven had just had her Birthday celebration and she received a Scooter... Hope really like it.  So I went out and bought one for Hope... kept it in the box and told her she could have it when she did #2 three times in the potty and not my floor.

Eureka!!!  That was the ticket!






The Poo has been in the potty since then!  (This is day 3!)

We are still having a few puddles... but so far just because she doesn't make it there in time.

So excited that I now only have one in diapers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment