Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas

Sorry friends for the silence on my part. Facebook one liners are about all I've had the energy to post in the past week or so.
I can say with all certainty that I am very glad this is the home stretch of the pregnancy. I have been dealing with terrible headaches and the inability to sleep these past few days along with all my other normal ills. My blood sugars have not been what they should and even though I do the insulin shots in the evenings it is possible that I will also have to do them before each meal. I have had a lot of stress and pain which are substantial contributors to higher blood sugar readings.
Today I go up to have another ultrasound, this time paid by insurance as the Dr wants to have an accurate measurement of the baby. Then later I see my Dr and will talk about where we go from here. I'll update as I know.
Our Christmas was busy but good. We had the privilege of Shane's brother and son staying with us the week before Christmas. Aiden is 12 months old and absolutely adorable! Haven loved "taking care" of him and Hope enjoyed him but wanted to be sure he know which toys were hers and hers alone. "No baby, my toy!"




 

On the 20th we celebrated Haven's birthday. I can't believe my little girl is already 5! We just had cake and ice cream here at the house with family. (We celebrate her half birthday in the summer with friends as it is too much at Christmas time to have a party, etc.)




Grandma and Grandpa Ely came into town and brought some fun things from New Orleans and the girls very much enjoyed their visit with them. They went to the park, made rice crispy treats and just enjoyed spending time with them.


 
Christmas Eve was spent baking and preparing for Christmas and Christmas morning was a fun brunch and gift exchange over at G.G.'s house (Great Grandma Ely) with all the Ely family. The afternoon we went to my parent's house for Christmas dinner and in the evening all the Taylor/Wineroth Family came over for dessert. All in all a very nice (busy) day!



Well much more happened... Christmas cookies at Juju's house, a cute Christmas play at Church, and the girls ballet performance but all of that will have to wait till another time.... I've been up most the night as sleep just doesn't seem to be my friend these days. So here is a taste of our past two weeks. I pray you all had a blessed Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment