So, its been a super rough week. This gestational diabetes is really a pain. I got my meter and was testing my blood 4 times a day. First it is difficult to remember to do it exactly 1 hour after my first bite at a meal when I have two children. Then one day my sugars would be good... the next I'd eat the exact same meal and my sugars would be bad. I spoke with the Sweet Success lady and she said that the amount of pain (from my back) and or stress can influence my sugars quite a bit. Great!
Well, I have been stressed and in pain quite a bit lately. My house has looked like a bomb went off in it because I am having difficulty just doing the necessities of life... feeding my children, changing diapers, taking them to the places they need to go, minor shopping, etc.... My back has been causing me so much pain that even doing these little things can be a real difficulty let alone picking up toys, sweeping, vacuuming, etc.
Its the holidays, yes?! Well holidays are filled with family, many of whom have not yet seen our new house. So in a perfect world I would like my house to be in some kind of order when it is at least first seen. My sweet husband has done so much for us as he has had to pick up so much of the responsibilities that I usually do. Still he can't do it all.
I have shared my struggles with a number of ladies at my church and two wonderful women offered to help me this week get my house in some kind of order. Also my mother took the girls for a day so I could have some time to rest and get things done. I feel SO blessed! My house looks pretty darn good right now... especially compared to the disaster it was just a few days ago! Toys are picked up, floors are vacuumed, and bathrooms are cleaned!
I don't know why it is so darn difficult to accept help from others, its hard, its humbling and its wonderful all at the same time. So even in this difficult time, God is reminding me how very blessed I am!
Thank you friends and thank you God!
No comments:
Post a Comment