What a Thanksgiving week! Yes, week! Over the first weekend my brother, his wife and daughter were able to come up for a visit. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's house with our whole family together!
SO bummed I cut my Honey's head in this pic... it is so cute of the two of them!
We were able to stay a few extra days and visit a the Seymour Marine Science Center where the girls were able to pet a shark, hold star fish, touch Sea Anemones and see whale skeletons.
My sister's boy, Jaden and my mom came with us. The older boys went with their parents to the Boardwalk... we joined them later.
Petting the Shark.
Haven didn't wan to leave the Starfish. She loved touching them!
Hope liked them but liked exploring everything.
Then it was too the beach. Don't have that many pictures of that as my battery was dying.
Before our trip I colored my hair... got caught up in packing and didn't rinse soon enough... thus my hair is VERY bright. Didn't have time to go out and get new color to redo it. And for those of you who have known me for 10years or less... nope, not really a redhead (the secret is out!).
Picture is of Haven and I at the Boardwalk.
Hope building a sand castle.
And of course... no day is complete without Ice Cream!
On our way home we were able to stop and visit our friends who just had a beautiful baby girl!
We got home in the evening Saturday and Sunday morning bright and early we were at church. Shane played keyboard and I sang with the worship team. Shane is multi talented and plays base, keyboard and does the sound booth too... often he is playing base while manning the sound booth at the same time. And this morning our worship leader asked me to sing a solo.
All I can say is it is a good thing he doesn't warn me about the solos as I would probably stress all night about it and get even less sleep than I do.
It was kind of cool that I was able to sing one of my favorite songs, Favorite One by Misty Edwards.
Misty and I attended Bible School together in Kansas City. That is where I started singing with The House of Prayer.
Singing at Church has been a real blessing for me as singing is one of the things that makes my heart full. It has been about a year that I've been back on the Worship Team at church after a 4 year hiatus. In K.C. I was singing sometimes 6 hours a week at House of Prayer... then when I moved here I got involved in the Church worship team... but after having Haven I stopped for a while.
Anyway... here's a link to the song I got to sing today... Misty is singing it of course as I don't yet have my own YouTube video... (that's me being silly.)
You are all His Favorite One!!!!
That is definitely something to be Thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment