Mrs. Rabbit: Thumper!
Thumper: Yes, mama?
Mrs. Rabbit: What did your father tell you this morning?
Thumper: [clears throat] If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all.
That about sums up why you haven't heard much from me lately. I don't want my blog to be a complaining place. Things have been difficult with this pregnancy as you know from reading prior posts. My emotions have been crazy, whether due to hormones, lack of sleep, pain or all of the above I don't know. I am very unhappy that I have had to leave my midwives (they don't continue seeing women if they have to go on insulin due to GD). I am not happy with my new Doctor. Moreso, I am very unhappy that due to not having my midwives I don't know who will actually attend my baby's birth.
With the midwives, there are 4 in the practice, and I visit with each of them throughout the pregnancy. When I go into labor, one of the 4 will be on call and attend me. With a Dr. I just meet this one Dr. and when I actually go into labor it will be what ever Dr. is on call... strangers. Not a comforting thing to me. I'm a bit of a hippy when it comes to giving birth and believe it should be as natural as possible and be done in as comfortable and safe of an environment for the mother as possible. In a perfect world I would have a water birth at home with a home midwife and my husband by my side.
Anyway, so what has been going on other than this pregnancy?!
First my daughter is a genius and drew her first person today! It was actually her first face as well!
The squiggles under the eyes are "cheeks" she says! There are no legs but a body! Having studied Early Childhood Education this is really a great picture for a 2 1/2 year old to draw! Hope is so smart!!!
The babies room is also starting to come together. Haven and Hope helped Daddy paint the room this last weekend. You may be surprised by the color... its kind of blue (teal) but seeing as this is my last baby (at least that will be born from me) I figured I have about 2 or 3 years before she can tell me she wants pink, pink, PINK!
Don't worry... it will be very girly... just girly and blue!
On New Years Eve we went out as a family and saw the movie Tangled. We previously saw this movie with all my family over Thanksgiving but the girls really loved it and wanted to see it again. It was Hope's first movie in a theater and Haven's second (her first was over a year ago and she didn't like the movie that time).
I loved this movie! One of Disney's better ones! No witches, or warlocks, no parents dieing or dead... and the voices were Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi (Chuck!) Very worth seeing!!! I have had more fond memories of animated movies than any other movies in my life...
Well, that is it for now. Hope you all had a wonderful New Years!


I am with you on thinking what the birth experience should be. However, we don't have a midwife in our small town, and we'd have to drive over an hour to the City for one, so we just use our family doctor. I just have to keep telling the nurses, "No, really, I don't want drugs. I'm fine." (They've said I do better than some women who get the drugs!)
ReplyDeleteI keep hearing people say how great the movie Tangled is. We probably won't spend the money to see it in the theater, but I have a feeling we'll be buying it. (I love Zachary Levi!)