I am trying to be positive and believe that this baby will turn back around! So I am going though my tunes and looking for Labor Music.
With Hope I had to be induced (which I am most likely going to do this time as well). Well when I was induced with Hope they wanted me up and moving around as much as possible to encourage labor to continue. To do that it really helped to have "moving around" music. I used Joann McFatter's Temple Dance CD quite a bit (one of her songs is playing if your volume is up). I am also looking into 100 Portraits, Enter the Worship Circle or Five Wise Virgins... I really like those two albums as well and they have great drum beats. Will also have Sting's Desert Rose song... one of the songs I took Belly dance lessons to.
Yea... so send a girl to Bible School (at least me) and she'll dye her hair red, get her nose pierced and start taking belly dance lessons. I am listening to these songs today and just remembering those days! My time in KC at Grace Training Center really was a time of opening up to God's grace and understanding my freedom in Christ!
So crazy how we think that just because we go to Church or love God that we have to conform to some kind of cookie cutter image. God is a God of creativity! Have you seen this world?! He loves color, variety and beauty of all kinds! Very exciting!
Anyway... looking for music to move to in labor... hoping that this baby will turn around and be able to be born naturally. I see my Dr. tomorrow so I may have more information tomorrow as to what he thinks we can or should do.
Great, great days those were in KC! I remember the belly dancing lessons! Maybe some of those moves would get that baby to turn back around where she's supposed to be? :)
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how everyone wants different songs when they're in labor. I want only quiet, "romantic" classical music - I couldn't do anything with drums. There was an lively piano song (Turkish Rondo) on the CD I listened to when I was in labor with Nathan and I remember gasping to Paul, "Not this song! Change it!"
But I do really like this Joann McFadder CD - I have it somewhere, I'm going to have to go dig it out. It's been forever since I've listened to it.