Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pinterest

Guess I'm on a blogging spree...

Have to say I love Pinterest!  It has some great ideas! 
It is where I got the idea for Haven's Valentines day hair style.
I've also tried a few recipes that I have liked and
gotten ideas for Harmony's birthday favors and teacher gifts...
My newest Pinterest accomplishments are the Ikea spice racks turned
into personal book shelves and a new chore chart I'm trying out.
You can see the super cute spice rack/turned bookshelves here! 
I haven't painted them yet.  I'm not sure if I want them to be brown like the wood of their beds and dresser or some fun color like the cranberry in their comforters.  I really just couldn't wait to get them on the walls and get their books out of their beds and off their floors.
My girls LOVE books!  Even Harmony!!
The big girls each have their own reading light and every night before bed they lay there looking at books to fall asleep... after we have already read a few to them.

You can see in the above picture the chore chart hanging from the shelf above the book shelf.
 Below you can see Haven's up close.  When they have accomplished a chore it goes to the other side and a pretty sparkly flower is seen.  The one I saw on Pinterest hung on the door handle of the bed room but because they share a bed room I didn't want two hanging off of it... plus I didn't really want them to be able to take it down and for it to migrate around the house.
Below is Hope's. I drew little symbols to represent her chores since she can't read,
as well as writing what they were.
If they accomplish all their chores they get a dime every day and
once they get 7 dimes they can trade them in for a dollar
 (incentive to do them every day and actually get a dollar a week). 
So far Hope is more into getting them all done than Haven is.

Its only been a few days now but hoping that it sticks and
I don't have to constantly hound them to do their jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment