Hello long lost friends! Its been a while since my last blog post.
That would be because of my little Joey.
Precious Harmony thinks she is a baby Kangaroo.
She needs to be on me or right next to me at all times, and by right next to me I mean able to touch me.
She screams as though she is being burned alive if I walk into another room or
even move to the opposite side of the room she is in.
Some days I am so overwhelmed and frustrated.
Sadly because of my back pain I can only wear her so long before I have to put her down. And the crying that escalates and doesn't cease if I can't be right with her
produces a physical reaction in me similar to a panic attack.
I say, "Its a good thing she's cute!"
So my house stays messy and my laundry stays unfolded.
But I know that some day I will miss the sweaty little head of that baby against my chest.
(She is the sweatiest baby! Seriously sweats buckets!)
Anyway, I'd love to give more detail as to how our lives have been the past number of weeks but honestly I am so tired I just can't even think of what to say.
The only reason I don't have baby with me now is because is being cuddled (asleep) with Daddy.
I have to hold her until she is in a deep sleep at night and then I can transfer her to Daddy's arms and he goes to bed with her so that I can do a few things around the house at night and prepare for the next day.
So I did research on Joeys and it seems that baby Kangaroos typically stay in the pouch until about 10 months... so here's hoping that in another couple of months Harmony will feel a bit more independent. If nothing else maybe she will learn to crawl and just be able to crawl after me from room to room!
If you think about it... pray for me.
:-)
Ugh, I feel for you! Jacob was like that - still is to a point, and he turns 2 tomorrow. There was many times that I just had to let him scream because there were things that HAD to be done that I couldn't be holding him. At least he doesn't scream any more every time I get up to lead worship....
ReplyDelete