Sunday, September 25, 2011

Love Chico

Today was Love Chico
At its heart, Love Chico is about Chico-area churches coming together in a collaborative effort to demonstrate God's love through service to our community. "We love because He first loved us" 1 John 4:19
The girls and I went to a Retirement home and decorated cookies with the residents.  When you have a 5, 3 and 7 month old, its hard to do any other kind of service but something like this.  But the residents really enjoy it and so do the children!

Here is Haven and my friend Jacky (Jacky is modeling the Love Chico Shirt!)

Haven helping decorate a cookie.


  Harmony is visiting with Helen... she's 100 years old!!!




The morning was rushed and I didn't even get to shower before leaving... my hair looked so funky... but I doubt the residents cared much... they were just looking and my beautiful girls!
(Got those three dressed on Craigslist, tags still on, all for just $15!!! 
Love my girls matching and love them matching for just $15 even more!!!)
After making decorating cookies with the residents the children (and mommies)
 sang songs to them, Jesus Loves Me, etc.
It was a good day!
Normally we would go down to the Plaza and join in the lunch and worship time but it was starting to rain so I decided we needed to go home.  Harmony is getting her very first tooth and she is having a difficult time of it.  Poor little girl!  But she was a trooper today and let the residents squeeze her and kiss her bunches!

1 comment:

  1. Your girls are so cute! I thought you made those dresses and was having a cow, thinking how in the world does she have time to sew!? What a great way to serve your community, might have to use that idea.=)

    ReplyDelete