Hope is of course missing her sister but we are planning play dates and today one of her favorite friends came over and they had a wonderful day together playing all sorts of things both indoors and out. She is SO excited though when Haven comes home!
Harmony is becoming quite a little explorer! She wants to grab and get into everything! She is just starting to want to eat baby food. She’s had tastes here and there but hasn’t really wanted to actually eat it until these last few days… but still it is only a few bites. She still is up at least 3 to 5 times a night to nurse. Sleep is over rated… or at least that’s what I keep trying to convince myself.
She eats some but likes to play more!
Last week I actually got to go out sans baby! Shane was a trooper and kept crying baby for me so that I could go out to dinner and a movie with a girlfriend! First movie I’ve seen in a long time! I highly recommend the movie, it was The Help. Was very good, and difficult to watch at the same time. I just don’t understand how people can treat others so poorly.
Our Church is going through some changes. The Prayer House that is here in town is moving in with us. It’s kind of cool because I was there in Kansas City when the first International House of Prayer was started. I was one of the original singers there when they were just looking for enough people to make it a 24 hour place of prayer and worship… looking for anyone who would take time slots. Now you have to go through a whole audition process, etc.
All the local Prayer House’s sound equipment has been moved to our church and two weeks ago when I was singing on Sunday we had our own “in ear” monitors. Shane of course LOVES all the cool sound technology and helped them set it all up! But I actually hated it! I don’t like to hear myself that well. This week I’ll try it again but have a feeling the headphones will be off my ears again. Makes me too self-conscious.
I tried making some more healthy snacks this last week. I made Whole Wheat “Wheat Thins”… I could eat them but the girls didn’t like them. I also made granola bars with sunflower seeds, cranberries and mini chocolate chips… we all LOVED them!
Haven labeled them, "Homemade".
Yes, Rachel these are the plates we used in KC! I still have them! :-)
Also thinking about getting my hair cut with bangs. My Lines of Wisdom (what we call wrinkles) are just making me feel old instead of wise. Maybe bangs would cover them up some. I don’t know. Bangs are quite a commitment. If I don’t like them it’s quite an ordeal to grow them back out. . Stinkin’ wrinkles! Oh, this growing old thing isn’t all that fun! Decisions, decisions!
Well, off to bed as the baby will be waking too soon… and THANK GOD FOR COFFEE! I’m convinced that coffee is God’s gift to mothers of young children… to help us try and keep up with them!
Your beautiful right here, right now, with no changes! I love you!
ReplyDelete-Me
"Like" to Shane's comment!
ReplyDeleteYou are lucky your children let you drink coffee when you are nursing.... My boys would refuse to nurse - apparently it flavored my milk. They would take like two swallows and then yank away and scream. Not to mention the smallest amount of caffeine I had would pass through to them. Sigh.
I'm contemplating a new hairdo, too. But I will definitely not ever have bangs again. (Curly/wavy hair = too hard to make them look good!)