Sunday, August 14, 2011

Overwhelmed

I’ve been a bit overwhelmed as of late, thus my blog silence.  Facebook has seen me but mostly to vent or beg for some help (HUGE thanks to Lynette who watched my girls on Friday when I was desperate for some time!). 
After Haven got the flu, so did the rest of us.  When we were all better I realized how close the end of summer had become and the need to get things ready for school became the forefront of my thoughts.  Buying uniforms and school supplies… with three children in tow, was fun, fun, fun.
Then we had our yearly Houseboat trip with the family at Lake Shasta.  It was a nice time but there is always so much prep to go on vacation and then so much to do once you return.
Potty Training is a bust right now.  Hope was really doing well and then, I honestly don’t know what happened but she has been wetting everywhere and one day pooped twice in her pants.  Her scooter has been confiscated, tied up (literally) and placed in the hall where I was hoping it would call to her every time she passed it.  Sadly, beyond the first day I took it away from her, she doesn’t seem to care. 
Harmony does not sleep without being on me.  She is SO difficult to get to nap.  Sometimes takes 30 plus minutes to get her to fall asleep (and be able to put her down) and then she sleeps less than 30 minutes!   At night she thinks she should nurse from about midnight till 6, every hour on the hour. Praying this is a phase!
Haven starts school this week.  I am freaking out about having her across town every morning so early.  None of us girls are morning people.  We are very slow to wake, slow to eat, slow to do everything in the morning, and all a bit grumpy if we have to rush.  This will be a true challenge.  A challenge to get there and for us to all be cheerful. 
Also the idea of my baby going off to school… I am really having a difficult time with this.  I know she will do splendidly as she is SO smart and SO social.  It’s me that is struggling with letting her go and the regimented schedule that will now be part of our lives. 
Anyway, that’s some of what is going on… some of why I haven’t been seen or heard from in a while (online).  I’ll post some Houseboat pictures soon and of course first day of school pictures, etc.  Hope you all’s lives are going a bit more smoothly.  I know, this too shall pass.  I know. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, I totally hear you. Not about the school starting stuff, but on all the other stuff! Vacation - trying to shop with little ones - needing ME TIME...... I can take it for a long, long time, but usually once a year I have a complete break down.
    I'm hoping that you settle into a routine and that things smooth out for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete