This whole driving my child to school every morning thing is really quite annoying! Trying to get all of us out the door by 8 is really quite a feat. (Really!) It is a miracle if we make it to the car without at least one of us being in tears.
Then pick up isn't much more fun as it always seems to be right as the baby has fallen asleep, or as we are 2 minutes away Hope falls asleep in the car and is then super cranky pants when I have to force her out of her seat to come with me to get sister.
Haven still loves school, though she is SO tired when she comes home that she snaps at everyone and isn't always fun to be around till she's had a bit of a rest. Her school is full day but the academics are only in the morning so I've decided that 2 days a week I will pick her up early so that her schedule is a bit more relaxed.
On the positive side (kind of) Shane and I got to have a date night with the girls sleeping over at my parents! The first date of any kind in months! The "kind of" part was the baby had to come with us. Dinner with baby in my arms... then we were going to try to go to the concert in the park... but baby was screaming the whole way there and just thought best to go home. Then we thought maybe a Netflix movie and then cuddles (wink, wink). But the only cuddles that happened were Daddy co-sleeping with baby who wouldn't have it any other way! But at least dinner conversation was just the two of us! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my children but often wish at least one full night and one full day a month I could just spend with my husband.
Well, lets see what else is going on? We dedicated Harmony at church this last Sunday! That was special. She is truly a wonderful little girl, just needs lots of TLC.
Look at that face!!! How could you deny her anything?!
She has the most amazing smile!
MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers) is starting up again this Thursday. This year I have joined the committee and am excited to be able to help support such a wonderful group!
(If you don't know, MOPs is a non-denominational group of women with children 0-6yrs old that meets twice a month to support and encourage each other in the journey of Motherhood.)
When the committee meets its fun to see all of our Mini Vans lined up next to each other!
Truly the Mom Squad!!!
But only mine has the super cool bumper sticker! ;-)
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."
NIV Version Isaiah 53:5
I've also been reading some blogs about eating in a more healthy way and have attempted a couple new recipes. My first didn't turn out so good. I was trying to make whole wheat cheese crackers to substitute the Whole Wheat Goldfish my girls consume so many of. I even cut each cracker out with a heart cookie cutter hoping to make it more little girl friendly. But alas... they didn't even taste good to me.
My cat likes the crackers... so I'm keeping them as Kitty Treats.
Then tonight I made Homemade Chicken Nuggets... Nuggets get eaten almost every other day by my picky 3 year old. We usually get Dino Nuggets but I was hoping to make something a bit more healthy. Don't know how much healthier they are but at least everyone liked them (after having to be FORCED to try them and many tears).
Not fancy pictures but you get the gist.
Last but not least, I ran into someone I hadn't seen in 19 years! On our date night I realized we were out of baby wipes so I ran into Kmart while Shane drove the van around with the baby asleep. Just as I walked in I heard my name and looked up! It was my childhood friend, Carla who I went to school with from 4th grade till graduation. I couldn't believe it! She was just in town visiting family and we happened to bump into each other. Was the first time I was glad to have run out of baby wipes. :-)
So that is a bit of an update on us.
Busy, busy, busy.
Blessings to you all!
Just in case you were interested.
Not much cuddling going on over here either. =) I can only imagine how hard it must be to have a conversation with three darlings!
ReplyDeleteI totally, totally hear you on the date night. With Nathan (our oldest), we got one date in the year I nursed him. We did slightly better with Jacob - I think 3 dates. We managed a baby-free date, but it's hard to enjoy when you are so full by the time you get back - no chance (or desire) for (wink, wink) cuddling.
ReplyDeleteYour chicken nuggets look good to me! I have had to make threats and had the tears at the table trying to get my kids (more Nathan than Jacob) to try new food - only to hear... "Mommy, this tastes pretty good!" (And I recognize your plates... You had them when we lived together in KC!)