Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blessed with Sleep!

All I can say is that I am SO blessed with darling Harmony!  She sleeps!!!!  Those two words might not seem like much but oh it is so very much! 

My first baby did NOT sleep!  Haven had colic and screamed for months every night for hours.  When she finally grew out of that she got up to nurse 3 to 5 times EVERY night till I night weaned her at 14 months.  I started night weaning her at 12 months and completed it by 14 months.  I did a Reduction method as I am not one who believes in the Cry it Out method. 

Hope, my sweet second, did not nap.  She did what we called "SNaps".  She would nap for about 10 to 15 minutes and then was awake again for hours.  At night she slept better than Haven but she still was quite a night nurser and nursed 3 or 4 times a night till 14 months as well.  (As you can see I start night weaning at 12 months.)  We also extend nurse... Haven nursed till 20 months and I only weaned her then because I was 4 months pregnant with Hope and it was too much for my body.  Hope nursed till 18 months and she weaned herself.

Anyway, Harmony sleeps!  She takes great naps during the day and she nurses once or some times twice a night.  Last night she slept all night from 10:30 till 5am!!! She nursed at 5am and went back to sleep till I had to wake her at 8:45 to take Haven to preschool.  If I knew future babies would sleep like Harmony...

Subject change:

Last week was Earth day... I wanted to share our diapering method.  First I must state that I HATE changing poopie diapers... I HATE poop!  I get SO grossed out by it!  I can't even tell you how terrible it is for me, really!  (Here is a little TMI... my girls all have toothpaste poop... it is soft as toothpaste and sticky and requires multiple wipes to remove it from their behinds....and I can't imagine scrapping it off of cloth diapers.)  So as much as I would love to do cloth diapers I just can not. 

So I do a hybrid diapering system.  The outside of the diaper is cloth and the inside is a disposable pad like thing that is very biodegradable.  The inside pad is by GroVia and is called a BioSoaker.  I buy a very inexpensive outer cover made by Econobum and I buy them through CottonBabies.com  Cotton Babies often has "seconds" of Econobum and then they are half off (how I bought mine) and their shipping is free! 

Anyway... that is one way we try to be Earth friendly.




No comments:

Post a Comment