Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day



What a day!  It was a true Mother's Day.  Everything planned seemed to fall apart.  Both children are sick (again!), especially my poor sweet Haven, fever, sore throat and ear pain (we're going to the Dr tomorrow).  Nothing I tried to do today came easy or seemed to work out.  The house looks like a toy store blew up in it, there is a mountain (literally) of clothes to fold on the couch and I am overwhelmed by all the things we need to do to pack, get our new home ready etc.  Even a number of tears were involved in this day... and not just the children's.  Yep, a true mother's day. 

Then night came. As I sat in the girls' room, lights out, rocking Hope and looking into her amazingly adorable little face my heart filled with joy.  As I sang her, "He's got the Whole World in His Hands" and she sang with me in her little voice trying to make the words, I couldn't help but smile.  They are my bliss.  My daughters truly are my bliss.  Nothing can compare to being their mother. 

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLS0Y40WwlA&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love that song. I added it to my playlist here.

    ReplyDelete