Eight days left. Only 8 more days of school as we know it.
Next year we will be homeschooling. It will be the adventure of a life time!
I think the toughest part will be "unschooling" them and getting them used to less constant entertainment and stimulation. The second toughest part I think will be mom needing breaks.
I had the hardest time deciding on curriculum. I literally couldn't sleep I was so stressed about it. The plethora of options is daunting!!! And I'm not exact sure how it will all play out till we try it.
I finally choose what seemed like a good fit for our family. We love to read and we love books... So I choose a curriculum that used "living books" rather than text books. It's called Sonlight. When the boxes came it was better than Christmas!!!
And you know it's going to be good when you can take the box it comes in, turn it inside out and cut out the castle design they have there for the children to play with. Like something out of one of my favorite children's books, Not A Box!

Haven is SO advanced in many areas of school that I really want to be able to keep her challenged and a Hope is quite far behind so I wanted to be able to let her go at her own pace and catch up.
We may homeschool for a year... We may do it forever... but for now one day at a time.

Hey! I'm excited for you as you enter the world of Homeschooling!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's a commitment. Your kids will bring out the worst in you. But I totally do not question our choice. I hope it's a great fit for you. My favorite thing about it is that it gives the kids plenty of time to BE KIDS!
And I totally agree on the curriculum choices! I get so completely overwhelmed. THANKFULLY, my parents and Paul's parents have so much left from when we were homeschooled, that we can just use our old books for most things. It may be dated, but knowledge never goes out of date. :)