Even though I've injured my back pretty badly I've never actually broken a bone.
Sadly, I still haven't.
I say sadly because I would have much rather that X-ray have been mine than my daughter's.
My precious Hope broke her wrist falling out of her own bedroom window. :(
Her window has a 12 inch windowsill and she thought getting a stool and climbing up on it and sitting would be a fine idea. Her window was open wide as we have had ridiculously warm weather this January and she didn't realize the screen would push out if she leaned on it.
Her window is quite a distance from the ground. About six feet or more as our house is built on a slant. THANK GOD all that happened was a broken wrist and bruises!! It could have been so much worse.
She screamed and cried of course when it happened. But at the Prompt Care she was SO very brave! It helped that the staff and Doctor were truly amazing.
Her poor wrist is broken in three places and may need surgery (praying it doesn't). I'm hoping some place is open tomorrow even though its MLK day.
Auntie Sarah brought her a milkshake and Papa came to see how she was. Both of those things, plus stickers from the nurses helped raise her spirit.
They splinted her and have her a sling till a cast can be put on.
Today she was sore but ok. I'm
actually really concerned because it is her dominant hand. She is already struggling in school. :( I really don't want this to put her further behind.
Prayers for a speedy recovery are appreciated.




No comments:
Post a Comment