I have a problem with Santa Clause. You won't find a single santa anything around my home during the holidays. Santa has too many comparable qualities to Jesus and yet is completely false.
I'm not completely sure my family should celebrate Christmas at all for some of the reasons you can read here:
http://thebibletruthsite.tripod.com/whynottocelebxmas.htm
(Specifically check out the comparison chart of Jesus and Santa.)
That being said, I do not like the Polar Express movie. First it has creepy animation, second it's quite suspenseful/scary for young children and third, the whole theme of the movie is one must believe in Santa Clause or there is something wrong with you. :(
Sadly my girls Christian school feels the movie is an acceptable way to celebrate Christmas and makes a whole day of it with reading the book, dressing in Pajamas, having writing assignments about it and then ending in watching the movie.
I have shared my concern with the teachers and Principal. Only one teacher seemed to understand my concern. Very sadly the principal did not even see an issue with it at all.
So on the days that each class was scheduled to have their Polar Express party I took my girls out if school and had a special date with them.
Here Haven is sharing her lemon aide with Harmony.
Time with my girls is always better than them being gone anyway!!


No comments:
Post a Comment