If you're interested in buy a super cute Super hero cape visit my friends etsy shop here. http://www.etsy.com/listing/82791201/sale-ultimate-super-hero-set-design-your
I just have to say that I have never made something like this and have also never used silky fabric ever. I also haven't used a sewing machine since I was pregnant with Haven and I made her a quilt. (To be completely honest I did use a sewing machine a few months back at MOPS to make the reusable snack bag but it wasn't a personal project at home.) So... its really been 6 years since I've done any sewing... and I'm not even a sewer to begin with.
So I made a similar design as my friends... hope she doesn't mind... but imitation is supposed to be the highest form of flattery, right? It took me a LONG time to make because I really had no idea what I was doing and I drew everything out by hand. I haven't made Hope's yet because I finished Haven's late in the evening Thursday and Superhero day was Friday.
So here are the pictures!
The heart is because she is Super loving and kind, and the lightning bolt is because she is Super strong and fast!
I put jewels around the neck to add a little extra bling!
Up, up and away!!!!
The greatest part was that I felt like a Super Hero after my daughter said, "Mom, You're awesome!" Because she is so proud that I made this for her!!
You are awesome! Great job!!!
ReplyDelete