A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust,
partnership, tolerance and tenacity.
The order varies for any given year.
The order varies for any given year.
~Paul Sweeney
Shane and I celebrated our 8th Wedding Anniversary this last week!
I can't believe its been 8 years... sometimes it feels just like yesterday and other times I can't remember what it was like before we were together.
We made it past the 7 year itch! I never gave the 7 year itch much clout until we were in it and I can honestly say that so far last year was our most trying, but by the grace of God we are here at 8 and going strong.
Last Friday night my mom took the girls for the night and Shane and I got to go on a date! We don't get much time alone and it was wonderful for it to just be us.
Thai Food (yummy!) and a movie... then we were able to sleep in the next day!!!
No little girls sneaking into our bed at 6am for cuddles, it was just the two of us.
(I'm thinking before this baby comes we'll have to arrange a two night sleep over for the girls with Juju.)
Then on our actual anniversary my sweet husband got me flowers, a card and put little post it notes of love all around the house for me to find. I gave him a card and then got us
Jon & Bon's frozen yogurt as a special treat.
(Jon & Bon's has special significance as that is where he asked me to be his "girlfriend".)
(Actually a pic from last year... I gain too much weight while prego to want current pics taken.)
(Actually a pic from last year... I gain too much weight while prego to want current pics taken.)
So here's to another 8 years of ups, downs and all arounds with my Honey!
A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' come together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
--Dave Meurer


No comments:
Post a Comment