Friday, June 7, 2013

Better Late Than Never


So I guess its better to start blogging again late then never start again. 

I blogging for a few reasons... one is that I weaned Harmony in February when she turned two.  With the insomnia and sleep problems I have it was easy to blog when I couldn't sleep.  Once Harmony was weaned I could take the meds that help me fall asleep and thus lost my "time" for blogging.  Added to that I have just been ridiculously busy... I took on much too much and wanted to try and help too many people with too many things.  I was spread so thin that I hardly knew up from down and down from up. 

After tomorrow things should slow down for the summer... well, kind of... but I'll get to that soon.
This was the last day of school for both my big girls.  Monday begins Summer break!  And as much as I detest the heat I am SOOO looking forward a more relaxed schedule!  I have a few things planned each week but for the most part our calendar is open and that makes me incredibly happy!!

There have been too many days in the past months that I have dashed from one place to the next running like crazy to get everyone where they needed to be when they needed to be there. 

Tomorrow we have a small celebration for Haven's half birthday... we don't give her a friend party till the summer as December is just too busy of a month... and its more fun to do summer activities.  So a handful of first lst grade girls and her cousin, one brave boy, will swim and eat hamburgers and hot dogs and then all my planning and craziness of the year will be over and summer will begin.

Now for the "well, kind of" part.  Three weeks ago tomorrow we decided to have a fun family day and go to Corning to a Blueberry Farm and pick blueberries.


You may recall that we did that last year and not only had fun but got some amazing blueberries for an amazing price.  Well, the berries were still good... the price was not as good... but what was waiting for us when we got home was REALLY not good. 

We had started our dishwasher as we left... something we have done most days... yes, can see where this is going... and when we came home three rooms in our home were flooded!!  Wow!  That was a lot of water for three and a half hours! 

Needless to say people had to come in and pull up all our floors, cut some walls and take the bottoms off of our cabinets... and we had to move out.  No kitchen and the house in shambles does not go well with caring for young children. 

We have been able to stay with my parents but still the girls have had a hard time with the change and their attitudes and behaviors have been greatly affected.  I'm sure mine isn't all roses and honey either. 

So here comes the crazy part.  We had been kind of mulling the idea around about moving.  We love our home and it has so many great memories and we have put so much of ourselves into the rebuilding it from the state we bought it and making it a home. We also love our neighbors, they are great people and good friends.  But we have been feeling the need for more space and wanting to invest in a larger home.  

Long story short... we found a house we really liked.  Put an offer on it much lower than than they were asking.  They countered for higher... we stood our ground... they decided to accept our offer.  We put our house on the market a few days later and the first day received a full price cash offer... the second day received a second full price cash offer.  We countered... one buyer offered more and tonight we accepted and signed papers. Wow!  We could be moving July 13th if all goes well.

Who knew that three weeks ago we would be selling our house and buying another one... and not in Chico!  Alright... before you freak out we are moving out of Chico... but not far.  We are just going up the hill a bit to lower Paradise... I actually consider it South/East Chico as you don't even go into the town of Paradise before you turn off to head towards our street. 

So that's the news.  At least the newest news.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Loved your update!
    I would say God had it planned for you to move. :) So excited for this step in your life.

    ReplyDelete