I was doing really well keeping this blog up to date until before the holidays. Then I did a number of catch ups but haven't been able to get here regularly for a while.
I don't know... not blogging for a while makes it hard for me to come back. I feel like I have to catch everything up and it becomes a bit over whelming so I don't know if I'll do that or not. Well see how the evening goes.
I wonder if my blog friends even come to check and see if I've updated anything anymore.
Really I want to keep blogging because I'm terrible at keeping records of our family happenings and I am also terrible at remembering things. I really want these life moments to be recorded and remembered. So I'm determined to start again.
I'm having a really bad back day so I don't know how long I'll be able to last at the computer.
All of that being said, I'll begin.
Miss Harmony... my little angel, is still getting up every 2 hours at night to nurse. Over Christmas we tried to wean her off of one of the feedings. Shane had a few days off and I thought it would be a perfect time for him to try and help me. When I go in to comfort her in the middle of the night she of course wants to nurse. I thought that if Daddy went in she'd get the picture that it wasn't going to happen. On normal weeks Shane can't get up in the middle of the night with her as he has to get up so early, commute, work, you know, all that. But for the days he had off I thought we'd at least give it a try.
Sadly it didn't work. She cried and cried and cried and CRIED! Daddy got really tired and baby didn't let up. I was just trying to skip the 2:30 feeding. I thought if I could get some uninterrupted sleep from 12:30 to 4:30 I would be SO much more rested each day. Harmony didn't agree. We tried it for 5 nights and on the 6th she was still waking and crying and Daddy's work schedule resumed. Poor Daddy... gave up some night sleep for no good reason.
Hope and I have started a bit of preschool work together. Each week we learn a different letter of the alphabet. Next week is letter D. She gets really excited when she sees her letters out in the world and points them out any time she can.
Haven still LOVES her school! She is reading like a mad woman! I can't believe how smart that little girl is! She loves the free choice time at school and comes home with amazing art projects that she makes. She wrote her first book. Its about her dog and she dedicated it to me (yes there is actually a dedication page!).
Speaking of dog. Our poor little dog got injured. We aren't exactly sure how but his little shoulder is hurt. We took him in and there is a fracture at one of the growth plates. He runs around as though nothing is wrong but on three legs. He is healing but it sure was a scare the first day.
Last week was lovely, we all got the tummy flu. I really have no idea how people handled illness like that before washers and dryers! Truly a blessing to be able to just have clean linens in just a few hours!
I had more to say... last night as I lay in bed thinking I'd better blog soon... but now my back pain in blocking my mind from thinking of anything else of interest. So here's hoping I come back soon to blog some more!
I definitely don't blog like I did before kids, but I still try to. I at least write about the big stuff. I don't know how many times I look to my blog to figure out when something happened - I especially find myself doing it to compare development of my boys.
ReplyDeleteI still check on yours - again, not as often.... This little one's not even arrived yet, and I still feel busier. But I love your posts and your pictures of your precious girls.
I read your blog too Rachel I just don't usually get to comment as I'm reading it while I hide in the bathroom for a few minutes with my smart phone. lol
ReplyDeleteI LOVE reading your blog! Always brings a smile to my face!